[digiKam-users] --> Shared Library organization replication

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 15:04:09 BST 2019

I think there are few users in this room who successfully configured a shared MySQL database.If you are not planning on accessing the database from different computers at the same time I think it is possible to sync the database between the machines using a tool like rsync but you will need to make sure the path to your collection looks exactly the same from both machines.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Alex Antão <alex at familiaturista.com.br> Date: 2019-10-14  7:56 a.m.  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: [digiKam-users] --> Shared Library organization replication Hi,   Finishing my export, I have a doubt:     I've put all my photos to a external HD that will be place on a device (TimaCapsule) and shared over network.     On my computer, I added a Network Collection on Digikam, it scanned all library and then I started to organize my photos, like grouping them.     But I will open the same library on another computer, and I'd like that all organization I made on the first computer was replicated on the others.I know that some information are stored on EXIF inside the files, and I'm trying to organize the folder as best as I can, but some information like groups (and possibly others I don't know that exist yet) I think is stored on Database, so teoretically, it would not replicate on the second computer.       Is there a way to do that ?Thanks.    Alex Antão