[digiKam-users] Digikam will not run on latest MacOS Catalina

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 15:10:34 BST 2019

Hi all,

* To be clear digiKam is a pure 64 bits application. We are not Adobe after
all...

* 2 plugins will be disabled and will need to be ported to pure Qt5 :
Presentation, GLViewer : both use OpenGL, and Apple has remove OpenGL in
favor of Metal API. So for the moment this kind of code need to be disabled
until a fine solution is found.

* For the rest, i will seen a compilation and run time if side effects have
been introduced.

Gilles Caulier