[digiKam-users] Digikam will not run on latest MacOS Catalina

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 12:32:04 BST 2019

Hi,

digiKam bundle is compiled on my MacBook pro which still running under
MAcOS Mojave. XCode still also an -1 version. I don't yet upgraded both.

But i'm surprised because MacOS still binary compatible with 3rdparty
programs. Something have been certainly changed in low level to introduce
this broken compatibility. digiKam is compiled with a backward
compatibility with MacOS ElCapitan.

I would to see the error message printed on the console when you run
digiKam from a Terminal. Look instruction here :

https://www.digikam.org/contribute/

Gilles Caulier