No subject

Sun Oct 27 01:32:15 BST 2019

was apprehensive about the importing into album approach. I come from
commercial graphics and files are usually left in their job folders. For
print production it is not feasible to be duplication huge files.

I read somewhere with Digikam one could point at an external directory
without actually importing it, is this true?

What do I do in my immediate dangerous situation to get away from that album
without deleting the files? Do I have to uninstall Digikam and reinstall it?

It seems one could tell DigiKam a particular folder should not be part of a
particular album but to throw away the possibly only copy of the files does
not make sense to me. One would have to be able to edit albums
intermittently. For example there was a big direct full of music I forget
was in that hard disk and I don't want that to be part of the album oc
course but the last thing I want to do is throw away those hundreds of
songs.

What should I do to protect my files.