No subject

Sun Oct 27 01:32:15 BST 2019

Now digiKam (and all KDE 4) uses cmake instead of ./configure. So, when
you are in the source directory, instead of the old
./configure && make && make install

You should use:
mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make && make install

If you want to change something you can use for example:
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/

See this:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/CMake

> Currently I do have the svn version 0.10.0 (KDE 4.2.00) running but if I shut
> digikam down it fails to start unless I reboot my system ... very windowish!
>
> I need the one of the latest versions in order to recognize my camera model.

Did you tried using one of these inexpensive usb card readers out there?
You just need to plug your camera memory card, and plug the reader to a
usb port to get your photos... Maybe it's also faster than plug your
camera (you can leave the card reader connected), and you problem caused
by exhausted batteries on your camera.
Almost any card reader will work "out of th box" with your linux system.

bye bye
gerlos