[digiKam-users] How to start a completely new and separate digikam from appimage?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Nov 26 20:11:16 GMT 2019

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 08:04:23PM +0100, Maik Qualmann wrote:
> And exactly this point is easily possible. Go to the collection setup, click
> on the update button in the old collections and select the new directory. All
> metadata is preserved, drive UUID and path are updated. Of course, the album
> substructure must be identical.

I can't see an 'update' button, unless you mean that one with pointers
round in a circle, and that doesn't seem to do what you're saying.  I
may of course be wrong but it's far from obvious.

When I go to Collections I see a list of three sorts of collections,
on the one I'm seeing at the moment only the Local Collections one has
an entry, called 'pictures'.

Against 'pictures' there are two buttons to click, one is the rotating
arrows I refer to above and the other is a dustbin for deleting it
(presumably).  If I click the two rotating arrows I get a box saying
"Your collection will use this this category", are you saying this
will actually *copy* my collection?  It would appear so but I have to
say it's far from obvious.

--
Chris Green