[digiKam-users] Where does digikam 6.4 keep its configuration?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Mon Nov 25 12:25:46 GMT 2019

I have run digikam on my system for several years now.  I have just
done a clean install of xubuntu 19.10 and I'm trying to run the
digikam 6.4 appimage.  It can't find its database.

I expect I can sort this out, the database will be somewhere (I still
have my old xubuntu 19.04 system which was also running digikam 6.4).

However, while trying to find the digikam database I have discovered
lots of (presumably from old versions) bits of digikam all over the
place, i.e. :-

    In /home/chris/.digikam there is what looks like a digikam 4 database,
    digikam4.db and a couple of other files.

    There is a directory /home/chris/.local/share/digikam with a load of
    kipi plugin files.

    There is a directory /home/chris/.local/share/kxmlgui5/digikam with
    more kipi plugin files.

    The directory /home/chris/.kde/share/apps/digikam has kipi plugins in
    it.

    There is a file /home/chris/.kde/share/config/digikamrc.

Am I right in thinking that all the above are left over from old
digikam installatons and not needed by the digikam 6.4 appimage?

It does seem that digikam has changed its mind quite a lot about where
to store its configuration!

So, as a final question, where will I find the user configuration for
the digikam 6.4 appimage?

--
Chris Green
ยท