[digiKam-users] Digikam hangs on startup

Herman Slotenmaker hslotenmaker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 10:25:16 GMT 2019

I re-installed Digikam. 6.4. On windows 10. But it won't open.

Dirst dialog box: Error while opening database. Digikam wil
autmatically try to reconnect. This takes forever.
<cancel>
ERROR. Failed to open database. Digikam wil attempt to start now, but
is not functional (...)
<OK>
Splash screen stuck on "checking ICC repository". Forever.

Installing 6.4 was an upgrade from 6.2 in which I experimented with
database, multi-user and repository settings (more questions on that
later).

I tried deleting Digikam and reinstalling. No luck. Then I went into
teh registry and deleted all keys with digikam in it. Still no luck.
I tried to find a config-file, but wasn't able to find something like that.

So Any directions to how I could get digikam working again (completely
fresh instal) are greatly appreceated.