[digiKam-users] List newly imported images

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 22:38:56 GMT 2019

I checked the databases, but I couldn't find any field where the time of
import was saved.

I wrote a quick script to parse the output and list New and deleted files.
However, deleted files are not shown in the output and only referenced by
their ID in the database file. First of all, you have to capture digikam's
output to a file. I use the "script" command for that:

script -c '~/Applications/digikam-6.4.0-x86-64.appimage' digikamoutput.txt

Change the path to wherever your digikam program is located. The file
digikamoutput.txt will be written when you quit digikam.

And then use the following script:

#!/bin/bash
echo "New files:"
grep "Adding new item" digikamoutput.txt | while read -r line ; do
   line=`echo "/${line#*/}"`
   line=`echo ${line::-2}`
   echo $line
done

echo -e "\nDeleted files:"
grep "Removed items:" digikamoutput.txt | while read -r line ; do
   line=`echo "${line#*(}"`
   line=`echo "${line%%)*}"`
   echo $line
done