[digiKam-users] Migration of DigiKam to new PC

Paul Marfell paul at marfell.me.uk
Sat Nov 16 12:04:33 GMT 2019

Success!

The new PC has arrived. I have installed Ubuntu 19.10 and the important
applications - including DigiKam from AppImage. I copied image files from
the old PC, created a mount point in home/Pictures, pointed DigiKam at it
and hey presto.

The "Nature" tag parent has the children I was hoping for so ALL IS GOOD.
This was my major worry which had an easy fix anyway - if it hadn't worked
I would have spent a tedious few minutes moving the tags.

I did somehow manage to create a recursive symlink so the same images were
showing in /Photos/ then in /Photos/Photos/ and /Photos/Photos/Photos/
Deleting the symlink fixed that.

I'm amazed at the improvement in performance on the new PC so I am a happy
chappy.

I am, at the moment, using DigiKam solely for its cataloguing functionality.

Thanks

Paul

--
Family website