[digiKam-users] --> XMP to EXIF using exiftool

Alex Antão alex at familiaturista.com.br
Thu Nov 14 19:47:12 GMT 2019

Hi,

   I have a lot of photo files exported from photos App, each with it's corresponding XMP sidecar file.

   I'd like to insert all infoemation from XMP file into the image, seems digikam only writes if the I modify some information.

   So I'm writing a script to write all and get rid of XMP files.

   Search a little and found the following commandline:

      exiftool -tagsfromfile SRC.xmp -all:all DST.jpg

   But the author says the if I use

       exiftool -tagsfromfile SRC.xmp -xmp DST.jpg

   The XMP is restores as a BLOCK.

    I'd like to know the difference between both, and wich one is better to be used.

Thanks.