[digiKam-users] problem with xcf xmp tags

leoutation at gmx.fr leoutation at gmx.fr
Wed Nov 13 18:28:37 GMT 2019

On 11/11/19 12:56 PM, leoutation at gmx.fr wrote:
> On 11/10/19 10:49 PM, Maik Qualmann wrote:
>> Digikam or Exiv2 can not write metadata in XCF files. XCF files are not
>> supported by Exiv2. An alternative would be to use sidecar for read-only
>> files.
> As i said, i don't use exif metadata, i use only .xmp sidecars.
> I have no exif metadata. If i have to import images with exif metadata,
> i delete them with exiftool before.
> I tried to use sidecars for read-only on each computer, no change. May
> be I'm wrong: "normally", database on computer 'B' has to know that some
> .xmp have changed for XCF files (same issue with .mp4), but it doesn't
> happen.
>   I fear that I have to use only one mariadb database and only one
> images folder, for two computers, on an external drive.
> I should like to avoid this solution...

I solved temporarily this problem with sharing same mariadb database on
external hard drive. Cloned images files are stored as'local
collections' on each computer.
   I get annoying message each time i launch Digikam on each
computer:"The collection is still available but the identifier changed...."
Is there a way to get rid of it?

--
Maderios