[digiKam-users] problem with xcf xmp tags

leoutation at gmx.fr leoutation at gmx.fr
Sun Nov 10 13:34:10 GMT 2019

Hi
I have two computers, 'A' and 'B'. Digikam works with mariadb on both of
them. I replicate 'A' folders/files to 'B'.
I add (XMP) tags to some files, jpeg, png and xcf (only one layer each
all)  on 'A'.
Then, i copy/update all 'A' images files to 'B' (not database) with rsync.
On 'B' now, after 'scan for new items' and 'perform database cleaning',
digikam see all new tags, except those concerning XCF files .
I don't know if it's possible to change this annoying behaviour...

Arch/Aur system
Last Digikam  git master version
Same metadata configuration on two computers.
Enabled options:
'Behaviour':
image tags,
rescan files when files are modified
cleanup the metadata from the database when rescan files

'Sidecars':
read frome sidecars files
write to sidecars files
write to item and XMP Sidecar

'Advanced'
Only Xmp options are enabled. I deleted all exif, iptc options (i never
use them).

--
Maderios