[digiKam-users] Installing digiKam on Linux Mint 19.2

Barry Robinson robinsonbarry at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 12:51:18 GMT 2019

Thanks for the response and good suggestion. I'm such a newbie I had to google AppImage! So I did download digiKam's AppImage, figured out how to make it executable, and it works, right out of the download folder. It doesn't seem right to leave it there so can someone suggest a spot in the file structure of Linux where it makes sense to launch an executable? Also, how do I create an icon to launch it from?

Sent from my iPad