[digiKam-users] MP4 video orientation dk6b3

nonobio nonobio at gmail.com
Fri May 24 11:08:50 BST 2019

Hello,

I always know Digikam displaying my vertical videos in the wrong
orientation; so i just turn my head until now ;)

Today i would to know if this issue could be resolved....

So; i'm on digiKam-6.1.0-git-20190328T184909-Win64 and my verticals videos
are displayed in "landscape" mode both in thumbnail, preview or full screen.

For instance, this is what i found in metadata "orientation" for a video
turned on 90° left in digikam :
<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376394/HQ42Y5h.png>

and now a video turned on 90° right in digikam :
<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376394/EGjJhJY.png>

For a well turned video (horizontal) i simply not have the line
"orientation".

Is it a know bug ? Should i create a new ticket ?
Tell me if you need more precise detail of devices, files, etc.

Thanks
Bruno