[digiKam-users] Digikam 6.0 on Fedora 30 deletes original images after edit

Wilkins, Vern W vwilkins at indiana.edu
Sat May 18 12:56:40 BST 2019

Is it intended default behavior for Digikam 6.0 to delete original images after they are edited?  It's doing that in my case and I cannot figure out anyway to stop it from doing that.  The settings under "versioning" "keep a snapshot of an edited image" have no impact.  If this is default behavior it's a horrible choice, and if it's not it's a horrible bug!  No matter what I try in settings, as soon as I save an image as jpg, the original is deleted.

Thanks,
Vern