[digiKam-users] New to DK - questions.

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 06:46:30 GMT 2019

Hi all,

There are some problematics to share the same databases between Linux and
Windows through the network :

1/ the concurrent access can break the database. There is no lock mechanism
in digiKam to prevent this kind of problem.
2/ the string encoding are not the same : Linux=UTF8, Windows=!UTF8.
3/ the file path are completely differents.
4/ the UUID computed to identify the collection mount path can be different
(code from KF5::Solid are not the same : I'm not sure)

There are plenty of bug reports in bugzilla about this topic. The problem
is know.

Best

Gilles Caulier