[digiKam-users] Reading/writing Video metadata to Caption/Title

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 13:15:27 GMT 2019

Problem with ffmpeg is that it always produces an output file. So, for example, from file.mp4 digiKam will have to create file_out.mp4, then remove file.mp4 then rename file_out.mp4 to file.mp4. I think Gilles tested it and it slowed down the application a lot (too much).Maybe one day someone will write a plugin for that. In that case only the users who want write to video files will install and activate the plugin. I am one of them too. So I might chip in into the development if I understand how the new plugin interface works.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: John Bray <johnbray822 at gmail.com> Date: 2019-03-10  9:55 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: [digiKam-users] Reading/writing Video metadata to Caption/Title Would it be possible to extend the Metadata/Advanced configurationoptions to read/write video, especially avi and mp4, metadata toCaptions/Captions or Title.I currently use external scripts to doexiftool -Title="title" file.mp4mencoder oldfile.avi -oac pcm -ovc copy -info name="name" -infosubject="subject" -info comment="title" -o newfile.aviffmpeg -i oldfile.mp4 -metadata title="title" -metadatacomment="comment" newfile.mp4ffmpeg -i oldfile.avi -metadata title="title" -metadatacomment="comment" newfile.aviAnd I see that digkam 6.0.0 now supports ffmpeg, so it should be straightforwardCurrently it seems that the Captions Caption/Title information seemstrapped inside Digikam's database, and is never read or written tofiles.ThanksJohn