[digiKam-users] Using Metadata/Advanced configuration to read-write the Captions Title

John Bray johnbray822 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 15:44:22 GMT 2019

The configuration page allows a range of image metadata to be
read/written to the Captions/Captions text box. Could this facility be
extended to the Captions/Title text box? At the moment it seems that
Title is written to Title,Caption,Object Name in metadata, and read
from Title, but I'd like full control of both routes, as currently I
have to run an external script to propagate Title to the fields I need
using exiftool, eg

exiftool -Title="title" -Caption="caption" -ObjectName="object name"
-ImageDescription="image description" -Description="description"
-UserComment="usercomment" file.jpg
  -Comment="comment" file.jpg

I generally copy from Title to Description and Comment, as Description
is used by Google Drive, and Comment by exif-read-data.php but full
flexibility seems best

Thanks

John