[digiKam-users] Problem with batch rename

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Sun Jun 30 11:54:45 BST 2019

Maybe me but I have been unable to get batch rename to work on multiple
files. A single file rename works OK as long as I also set another
option like remove metadata and run it. However doing the same with 95
file selected the rename happens BUT and its a BIG BUT the file is not
renamed according to my template which uses the exif original date field
and yes the field exists in every image the template ends up with just
the initial text and digikam adds an ID as the file names all end up the
same.

Also why am I unable to do just a batch rename without a dummy item like
remove metadata added?

Are these know issues? I am using 6.1 on openSUSE Tumbleweed.

Stuart