[digiKam-users] [FR for usability]: Default search mode visible

Rafael Linux rafael.linux.user at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 09:43:05 BST 2019

Hi

Last year I discussed here about the convenience of disable "auto searching"
just in single search when the user type any letter or if some search was
done previously and the user open the "Search" tab. On large databases it
hangs DK. In DK 6.1 I was presuming it was changed, but it is not. You
implemented a hidden and not very intuitive way to disable the "autosearch".
I needed to search in this forum to find a way to do it
(http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-dk6b3-searches-td4707224.html#a4707235).
So, please, to avoid headaches for users with large databases, could you
change the option to "DK configuration, Others, Search" or even a button
next to the search cell with "Search with enter" enabled by default, or even
simply a "Search" button. Any way that let user choose when the search must
begin.

Thank you