[digiKam-users] Advanced Search: Cascaded Dropdown Items Obscured

J Albrecht heviiguy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 17:01:12 BST 2019

I’ve just encountered an infuriating issue with the “Advanced Search” feature. It seems to be IMPOSSIBLE to select dropdown items which are successively at lower levels; the field box is not wide enough!

For example, if my Tag structure is like this: Thing > Industrial > Common > Fastener > Bolt > HexHead,  there seems to be no way of selecting “Hex Head” because it can’t be seen. In this case, even “Bolt” is almost obscured but, at least by hovering over the beginning of where this word appears, a tool tip comes up which I can select. All bets are off for anything further down in the cascade.

Any suggestions to overcome this debilitating problem?