[digiKam-users] Compilations

Guenole Keraudren gkeraudren at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 22:08:01 BST 2019

Hi Pinasse,

I have tried to freely think about your description. I did not browse your suggested webpages.

Your goal could be achieved using the tag hierarchy even though you might loose some link when resynchronising metadata between files (pictures or XMP) and the DB. Main drawback: It might soon be messy when it comes to hundreds of collections.

I am no developer but a better solution could be to duplicate the tags tables and management processes to support « collections tracking » with the difference that nothing should be written to files. Assumption: links relate to the original pictures and not to the on-purpose generated versions.

Doing so, one should be able to ser
- the pictures belonging to a selected collection
- the collections a given picture belongs to

Is it what you meant?

Cheers

Guénolé