[digiKam-users] MP4 video orientation dk6b3

nonobio nonobio at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 11:11:51 BST 2019

Hello,

I found the cause : my digikam setting metadata\orientation\display images
based on orientation tag was disabled. I enabled it and i now have my thumbs
and video preview wall oriented. The setting :

<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376394/8mOzBwR.png>

But : disabling this setting was a choice.. for "pictures" (i want to see
the real orientation to manually force a rotation when i want) but i didn't
know it was applied to videos too.

Is it possible to add separate this setting into 2 settings : one for
photos, and another for videos ? As i said, i manually rotate my photos with
one click in digikam, but i can't do (don't want) the same for vidéos (i
think it is a more complicated process which isn't a good idea). What do you
think about this suggestion ? Should i create a ticket in wishlist for it ?

Thanks