[digiKam-users] Apple Photos

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 16:06:48 BST 2019

Hi,

Importing from the iphoto database to digiKam database do not exists, but
for generic interroperability, importing from plenty photo management
software through the XMP metadata (from image or XMP side car) is fully
implemented.

You need :

-in iphoto to look is XMP sidecar are generated.
- if not process all files in this way.
- in digiKam go to setup metadata and enable XMP sidecar support to
backport all image properties in database.
- in digiKam setup your collection with your iphoto image storage.

Wait a little bit. Importing new items can can age depending of amount of
files.

Note : i recommend to process a small sets of items first to test.

Gilles Caulier