[digiKam-users] Template setup fails

Alan H webaccounts at live.com
Tue Jul 30 23:38:29 BST 2019

hi Maik,

Out of curiosity, I have tried several uninstall/installs to see how I originally arrived at just one item - "digiKam DBs"- listed as a file (not a folder) in my Pictures folder. I could not reproduce that event. Even just using the Pictures folder, and no specific digiKam DB folder, in all subsequent installs the four DBs were created in Pictures. I did a final install using a "digiKam DB" folder within Pictures just to keep things clean. I also deleted the file you suggested and a few others just to make sure the install was as clean as possible (FYI - uninstall does not delete all files/folders related to digiKam).

In so far as the DBs may have been the problem, I discovered another glitch when creating templates (at least for me).

The Handbook states (p117):
"To create a new template you type a title in the input field and click the Add...button. The new template will appear in the list.".....
"WARNING Note that all the changes you made to the templates will only be stored in the template file if you exit the settings dialog with OK! The Add...and Replace...buttons only change the template list in the RAM."

I was entering a new Title, clicked the Add button, edited/filled the remaining fields, and then clicked OK. The edited fields remained empty. For me to have it work I had to edit the Title field, followed by all other fields, then click Add, and then click OK. Please let me know if if I am missing something but the current wording is, to me anyway, misleading.

Thanks again for helping.

Regards

Alan