[digiKam-users] Multiple simultaneous keyword entry

Northern Colorado Event Photograph no.colo.event.photog at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 22:39:12 BST 2019

I have digiKam 6.0.0 installed on a Dell Latitude E6520 with 64 bit Win 7
Pro SP 1, i5 processor, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA 4200M graphics adapter.

Is there any way to enter multiple key words simultaneously?

For example, I may have several hundred images from a photo shoot and each
image might need up to 6 (rarely more) key words unique to a single image.

So several hundred images x up to 6 key words per image is a very
significant time consumer when entered one key word at a time.

The ability to enter multiple key words with a separator between them and
have digiKam recognize each keyword individually would significantly reduce
the workload.

For example:

Enter:

keyword1, keyword2, keyword3 (etc. with the commas between them)

and have digikam accept the keywords as:

keyword1
keyword2
keyword3
etc.

I have searched the digiKam documentation and searched online but I have
not found anything that I can determine is relevant.  All the documentation
I have found talks about entering "tags," and the descriptions imply
entering the tags one at a time.

I tried my scheme above (multiple words separated by a comma) but the
digiKam entry was just that:  multiple words separated by commas, not
individual keywords.

So is there something I have missed?