[digiKam-users] Import - Download New

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Wed Jul 3 20:51:50 BST 2019

Running DK 6.1 AppImage on Linux Mint.

My normal method of operation is to connect my camera via usb to my
desktop, select Import, then on the Import screen select Download >
Download New.  I just did this and for some reason it only downloaded a
few of my pictures, normally works fine.

In this instance I have connected the camera and downloaded some
pictures to my laptop whilst on holiday, so I don't know if that has
caused some sort of issue.

This is not a major problem for me, but it did make me wonder, what
qualifies as 'New' when downloading?  Does it look to see if the file
exists already?  From what I have seen I don't think that is the case.
Is there a flag on the picture to say if it has been downloded?  Is
there some other criteria?

Thanks

Mick