[digiKam-users] Gimp, Kimageformats, Digikam, sun is shining...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:28:32 GMT 2019

Right,

Depending how the implementation progress, this will be available in next
KF5 framework release.

This want mean too, that i need to update the KF5 version to use in all
bundles, without to see any side effects.
KF5 is huge and a small change can introduce a dysfunction into a large
application as digiKam, even if we still to use 15% of KF5.

Remember that KF5 inter-dependencies between each components still
important. This is a real problem, for ex, if we want to use a KTextEdit
widget with spell checking
feature, this explode the needs to compile. This is why KTextEdit is banned
for digiKam for the moment (we needs to wait a pure Qt5 implementation in
QTextEdit).

Gilles Caulier