[digiKam-users] What are correct permissions for /var/lib/mysql?

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Tue Jan 29 20:32:59 GMT 2019

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 11:38:21 -0800
Steven Gaffagan <bsd64 at att.net> wrote:

> I tried your suggestions (chown -R mysql:mysql with a 755
> permission setting) but the error messaged returns.

I had similar problems. I never got it working as internal.

It turns out that you are better off use the mysql external. So first
you need to set mysql/mariadb on your system. then you can use mysql.

Dmitri Popov has a good write-up, except his setup is for a nas.
It's the same but with your local wks.

https://scribblesandsnaps.com/2018/10/19/use-digikam-with-a-nas-and-mariadb/

--
sknahT