[digiKam-users] LinkedIn user group...

J Albrecht heviiguy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:30:10 GMT 2019

For what it’s worth:

In my opinion, “LinkedIn” is an evil harvester of personal data, with scruples no better than Facebook. Although I use the platform extensively in my work to scout potential projects around the globe, I do so very carefully to limit what personal data Linkedin can suck from my soul (and private address book).

As evidenced by the growing backlash directed at such nefarious commercial vampires, I suggest that Linkedin may not be a very popular option for the many who are becoming ever more concerned about the risks to their liberty.

I can understand that it would be inconvenient to move some “users and students” from that platform, particularly if they’ve already been moved once. However, I think that this would be more than offset by the convenience of only having to communicate in a single forum. A single, “safe”, forum.