[digiKam-users] Multi-user digiKam setup?

Leo Gaspard digikam-users at leo.gaspard.io
Sun Jan 27 21:47:07 GMT 2019

Hey Stefan,

Thank you! Indeed, the idea of writing all metadata to files is, I
think, much better than what I had in mind! It'll both avoid the MySQL
roundtrip for the database (while still keeping it for the actual
pictures it'll at least allow to get fast thumbnails, even if the
full-quality picture takes more time to load) and digiKam
synchronization errors (though now to update other people's picture
databases one would need to do it manually, and it'll likely be slow
over WebDAV, but at least it'd work).

I'll be reporting here as soon as I get results, hopefully soon!
Cheers,
  Leo