[digiKam-users] Can't fill metadata fields for RAW photos using XMP sidecar

Rafael Linux rafael.linux.user at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 16:52:31 GMT 2019

I have DK (5.9 and 6 latest beta) configured to "Read from sidecars", "Write
on sidecards" and this one as "Write in element and sidecar". However, if I
select a RAW file and press "Ctrl + Shift + M", I can't enable any field in
the window that appear to let me enter my own data on the fields. In fact,
the only action user can do is select between the three tabs (IPTC, EXIF,
XMP) but nothing more.

Moreover, the same occurs when I try to change metadata from batch mode,
without using metadata templates

<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376179/Digikam_-_Can_t_enable_metadata_for_RAW.png>

I would like to assign metadata to selected RAW photos without templates
just when I import them, but I never was able to do that.

What am I missing?