[digiKam-users] Date taken tag for video files

nonobio nonobio at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:38:43 GMT 2019

Hi :)

Since my last message i didn't tried anything new : i just use the file name
as it is the best "taken date" info i have.

I just updated Digikam to version 6.0.0 and as it have a new video files
management, i make a new try.

After analyse a video file metadata with Digikam 6.0.0, it find a new field
displayed in file view : "dititalized date". It seems to display the same
date that "created date".

Anyway, this is what i see and understand about differents date fields in
list view :

<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376394/gfH5Sh1.png>

1- File name : file is named with the actual date as soon as i start video
capture. It isn't a metadata but it is the real "taken date".
2- Last modified. File date attribute is writed at the end of the capture.
It isn't the good "date taken" because it is the "end" of the video, not the
"start". I think it have more sense to use "beginning date".
3- Created date : it is the end of the video but not the good : it has an
error of "one hour". I think it is about "GMT" ?
4- Digitalized date : new field sinc Digikam 6.0.0 but same problem that
created date (one hour less).

Because the "file name" is the only good "taken time", i only use it and not
the others fields. For that i just rename it to match my others file names
preferences (yyyymmddhhmmss). It is ok but when i explore my videos, i have
to sort them by "name", not by "date"...

Am i wrong about what i understand for the different dates ?
Why is there a delta of one hour for created and digitalized date, and how
to correct it ?
Do you have any recommandations ?

Thanks