[digiKam-users] Newbie digikam user has questions

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 18:10:54 GMT 2019

The PSD file without thumbnail is problably the source of the problem.

There are a PSD thumbnailer in KF5 libraries that we use, but my tests
under Linux relevant plenty of time latency when i try to render preview
from PSD taken from the Web. Particularly, the points below are importants :

- It's a dynamic plugins for QImage loader, which are problematic under
MacOS. I think that i fixed the problem with next 6.1.0, but i need to test
more..
- The PSD codec code is given to read file only. This implementation, not
maintained by digiKam team exists by reverse engineering. PSD is a closed
format (thanks adobe to support open standard), and of course the codec
will not support well all possible version of PSD.
- The PSD codec source code is not very well maintained as i can see in
code history.

Best

Gilles Caulier