[digiKam-users] new database with empty template of existing tags

Ty Mayn tyrus.mayn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 19:32:37 GMT 2019

I am a new user hoping for explanations regarding the actions the digikam
to startup which is pointed to a moved or replicated digikam database and
an newly positioned album collection path.  That earlier post is
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2019-February/028282.html

   Here is my additional howto question:  if the user intends to start
tagging on a new untagged collection, how is a new empty database created
which contains only the tag collection labels and heirarchy.   This would
be analogous to starting a new set of accounting books using a preexisting
"chart of accounts".
    I suppose one can migrate an existing sqlite database to a new folder
with it blinded to any chosen collection path.  But then that database
could be quite large and loaded with prior rows of indexed images from some
older collection.  How do you instruct digikam program to purge out all
images in an old database but keep an empty template of all tags?
    Here I am hoping for an experienced use to tell be the relevant Menu
choices but also some of the underlying program behavior.
Thanks for lifting this newbie onto the bus
Ty