[digiKam-users] Is DK6 out?

Mark Otway mark at otway.com
Sun Feb 17 12:06:33 GMT 2019

Announcement looks amazing - good job everyone!

I've just installed 6.0.0, and apart from a brief "Updating to schema v10"
it's been running for nearly 10 minutes now without any UI. No window, no
splash screen, nothing. I'm presuming it's working through my collection (I
have about 400,000 images, and an SQLLite DB) but it's not a great user
experience - would be nice if there was some UI/progress meter to indicate
what's going on and give some degree of confidence that it hasn't just
hung. ;)