[digiKam-users] Better sorting of files?

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 16:27:02 GMT 2019

There are plenty of options for what you are trying to accomplish.You can use:- Color labels- Pick labels- Star ratings- Tags (keywords)The first three already have keyboard shortcuts assigned to them but you can change that.You will have to assign your own shortcuts for tags.I personally use pick labels for initial culling, e.g. I press Alt + 1 to add 'rejected' flag for images I don't want to keep.I also use 3+ star ratings for images I like the most.3 for me is 'I like it'4 - I like it a lot5 - the image is unbelievably awesome :)Rating below 3 means the images are good enough to keep for memories but I would not hang them on the wall.I reprogrammed shortcuts for assigning star ratings from Ctrl 1,2,3... to just 1,2,3,... Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> Date: 2019-02-10  9:02 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: [digiKam-users] Better sorting of files? Le dim. 10 févr. 2019 à 16:42, Stefan Blochwitz <sblomail at googlemail.com> a écrit :Dear all,Hi,

I am looking for a feature, that allows to mark images when viewing
them (best in diashow, or in the preview): By pressing a key, images
can be marked and then groups with the same mark can be selected eg.
for batchprocessing or copying.Yes, this feature exists. Look Tags keyboard shortcuts...Typically, the idea is to assign a keyboard shortcut to a tag (a virtual album). for exemple, in your case, something like "TOBATCH".You assign a shortcut using tag properties dialog: CTRL+ALT+A for example.Go to slideshow, tag keyboard shortcut are supported. Pressing CTRL+ALT+A will assign "TOBATCH" to current image.Later, go to TOBATCH virtual album, select all items with CTRL+A, and press CTRL+B. This will create a new queue in BQM with current selected image.Another way is to use Pick or Color labels which are predefined tags to use in workflow (as with Adobe stuff). They use pre-defined keyboard shortcuts : look in icon-view, context menu, on the bottom, you have Assign Labels entry. keyboard shortcuts are show below the label button from sub menus...

Alternatively, it would work also, if a key is pressed, the literal of
that key is added to the filename (ie. when by looking at IMG0019.jpg
<a> is pressed the file then names aIMG0019.jpg.

Does such an option exist?
Not this one...BestGilles Caulier