[digiKam-users] either face recognition screen is buggy or I still don't understand it - at least I can say that more convenient bulk change of face tags (no auto refresh / set faces via context menu) is neccessary #V5.9.0 Windows Feb 27 2018

J Albrecht heviiguy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 17:46:32 GMT 2019

So said the guy upon taking a break from his task of designing a “New and Improved” whale harpoon.

Gilles, it seems that your technical abilities and enthusiasm for a great software product (which I absolutely appreciate!) blind you to the perils of Facial Recognition. Surely you’re not okay with rampant and pervasive surveillance, are you? Obviously (or so I assume), digiKam isn’t being designed for this purpose. However, by continuing to develop and advocate Facial Recognition, you are contributing to the “normalisation” of something which only a few years ago was justifiably considered to be vile and evil.