[digiKam-users] Face recognition with existing faces on 7.0.0

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 12:22:53 GMT 2019

I just finally found time to build and try the new face management and
stumbled over the following. I already have a big amount of tagged faces
from 6.x. Now I ran detect faces on all images, that already contain a
face. Next I wanted to run face detection on the same set of images
(lots of unrecognized faces there). However I then get the error message
"Face recognition is aborted, because there are no identities to
recognize. Please add new identities.". I would have expected, that it
automatically uses existing face tags for "training". Did I miss an
option to do that? Or is it not doable automatically, but maybe requires
some one-time transition when upgrading? Because manually retagging a
few images for every person in my db would be quite a bit of work.
Anyway thanks to Maik and Gilles (from the git log it looks like you two
still do all the heavy lifting ;) ) and all GSoC students and other
contributors for your work on digikam!

Cheers,
Simon