[digiKam-users] Windows update install procedure-backup/restore rc file?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 22:38:55 GMT 2019

In principle, you can uninstall the old version and install the new digiKam
version, all settings are preserved.

Now comes the BUT, there are tools under Windows that install some users to
monitor a running installation and delete files created by the program also in
case of a deinstallation. If you use such tools, you should backup the
"digikamrc", maybe even the databases.

Maik