[digiKam-users] ZLIB_1.2.9 not found

willemx willemx at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 17 16:20:46 BST 2019

Ok, I read the post and I conclude that the solution is in the sentence: "I
built zlib 1.2.11 and was able to launch the appimage after that with no
other issues"
Please forgive me for asking because maybe I missed the point, but is there
no easier way to install digiKam than manually compiling/replacing system
files?
Unfortunately I am more a photographer than a linux developer.
I did some googling on the subject and might be able to pull it off, but I
am a bit scared to undertake such an operation since I read that one can
seriously mess up a linux config when something like this goes wrong.