[digiKam-users] some folders don't show "file changed date" in album

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Aug 13 21:24:56 BST 2019

Am 13.08.19 um 18:45 schrieb Maik Qualmann:
> What happens if you re-read the metadata of the image? Menu-> Item-> Re-read
> Metadata from File
>
> Maik

That doesn't change anything. But something is strange, as my tests show
- maybe you know where the problem lies:

First of all I see now, that the date shown as creation date actually is
the the modification date.

- I have an album with .png images of August 11.
- I open one in Gimp, edit it, export to .png overwriting the former version
- digikam now shows the modification date instead of the creation date
   (I changed the setting "save creation date" checked/unchecked in the
save dialog in Gimp, but it didn't make any difference)
- I open this image in digikam editor, change size, save (again
overwriting): there is still no modification date
- I open it again in digikam editor and "save as" new file name: date
created and date modified are shown (both the same) - that's how it
should be

It gets even stranger:

- I have an album with .jpg files copied from the camera card
- some show a modified date (same as creation date), others don't
- now even when I open one i  editor and "save as" new file name, only
the modification date is shown (as creation date).

I can send sample files in private (but they are nudes).

I am confused :-)

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer