[digiKam-users] Rename Question

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Thu Aug 8 20:17:10 BST 2019

Running DigiKam 6.2.0 appimage on Linux Mint

I am trying to adjust metadata on a few pictures for a presentation.
What I want to do is change the year to show that Digikam will rename to
the data the picture was taken.  To do that I have -

Highlighted the pictures, selected Item > Edit Metadata - changed the
year for Creation, Original and Digitisation date & time to be 2017  -
Apply & Close

Highlight the pictures again, right click and select Rename and set to
PIC[meta:Exif.Image.DateTimeOriginal]

The result is that they are renamed to the 2019 date they had at first,
so they do not seem to have picked up the Exif date.

Why has it not worked?  Have I done something wrong?

Thanks

Mick