[digiKam-users] problem with orientation flag (again)

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Wed Aug 7 21:35:55 BST 2019

Is there a simple way to reset to normal the image orientation flag?

presently I can use a CLI script:

exiftool -n -r -overwrite_original -if '$Orientation ne 1' -Orientation=1 *

of course in the image folder

but it may be easier to do this in Digikam, but I don't know how.

problem arise in the situation I have now:

I'm writing a blog about a trip in spain.

http://www.dodin.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Balades.Espagne2019

There are many images in it, from my piwigo gallery

http://dodin.org/piwigo/index.php?/category/7651

Images in piwigo are sorted and tagged with digikam. I usually have no
orientation problem there. Normally I don't make any automatic
orientation. I prefer to do it by hand and ask digikam to reset the
orientation tag on the way.

However for an unknown reason I have problem for the blog, with vertical
images.

I use to copy the image from system folders to a temporary folder, sort
them and remove all the unwanted ones, then use kim (kde image
management? right clic menu options) to reduce the image to web size

I then copy the image to the blog upload folder, a script make the
necessary blog syntax (%newwin
width=200%[[Attach:P1020165.jpg|Attach:P1020165.jpg]]%%)

when I view the blog I have unexpected result like this

http://www.dodin.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Balades.Test-espagne

notice the first image is ok for the thumbnail, but the full image is
not, for the last I passed the script on it and the two are the same

so probably pmwiki do not works ok with the orientation flag, but
digikam do not change it either

thanks
(I will also ask the pmwiki list)
jdd