[digiKam-users] Change Raw file orientation using metadata

Nicolas Boulesteix nico.boulesteix at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 20:54:56 BST 2019

Hi,
Indeed, that Digikam store or not the orientation flag in the metadata is,
may be, not the main thing, but, the fact you can't adjust orientation in
Digikam on a Raw (just to see it in the right orientation) and then
applying some change in the metadata and keeping this orientation is wrong
for me.

For this, orientation flag could write in the metadata, even if it is
inconsistent for raw file but Digikam should be able to read this flag
again only for displaying preview and thumbnail (and even if the DB is
lost), or it should be told to digikam to not update orientation from
metadata if some adjustement was made in the DB.

--
Nicolas Boulesteix - Chasseur de Lueurs - http://www.photonoxx.fr