[digiKam-users] digiKam AppImage

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 5 17:04:29 BST 2019

On lundi 5 août 2019 17:30:17 CEST Christophe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to remove all digiKam data (preferences, database, …) from
> Ubuntu, knowing I am using the AppImage format, in order to reinstall an
> older digiKam version.
>
> I cannot run sudo apt-get remove xxx.
>
> Unfortunately, I haven't found the way to do so in the FAQ.

You'll have to remove:
- the appimage : wherever you put that
- the database : location defined in your settings
- configuration data : for me, in ~/.config
		some *may* be also in ~/.local/share/digikam

(Disclaimer: I'm using a repository version from OpenSUSe, so some directories
could be different/absent. Also, the files in ~/.local/share/digikam all date
from 2016, so could have been left from an old version).

And be careful NOT to remove any of your images... (but you should know where
those are).

Remco