[digiKam-users] Sort already imported images by folders YYYY-MM

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Aug 3 15:02:46 BST 2019

On samedi 3 août 2019 15:45:39 CEST Andrey Goreev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if there is an option to sort by folders e.g. YYYY-MM images
> that have already been imported to the database and are being stored on my
> internal drive.
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
> Best regards,
> Andrey

The "timeline" and "dates" tabs in the left sidebar don't do what you want?
Only negative point with those is that jpgs and pngs created from raws show up
at their creation date, not the creation date of the original raw.
(Something to consider in a future version: have an option to write the
original date of the raw somewhere in the metadata of the derived files and
use that for timeline and dates tabs?)

Remco