[digiKam-users] Changing icon theme in appimage?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 25 17:04:34 BST 2019

Ok, I have been checking that option. I have three alternatives: "Icon theme
from system", "Breeze" and "Breeze dark". However, the three of them look
identical. Instead of blue folders with a small gradient, I only see black
and white flat icons. Very similar to those of this post:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/764940/breeze-icon-theme-wrong-icons

If I remember correctly, the windows release of digikam displayed "Breeze"
icons correctly (I remember them being blue). (I am now in ubuntu 18.04
which uses the Ambiance icon set, if I am not mistaken).

So is it possible that digikam cannot find the right icon set? Can the
appimage access other icon themes present in the host computer?