[digiKam-users] digikam opensuse segmentation fault at start

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 22:18:19 BST 2019

Hi,

I think you use an official rpm for Suse. It sound like something is not
properly packaged.

There is no reason to see a crash at start up.

Quick solution, use one AppImage bundle that we provide, as 6.0.0 or 6.1.0.

And yes, 6.x database schema is now different than 5.x. Fail back is not
possible without a backup done with 5.x release.

You will found official AppImage at usual place download place :

https://download.kde.org/stable/digikam/

There is also a 6.2.0 prelease AppImage here (weekly build) :

https://files.kde.org/digikam/

Best

Gilles Caulier